Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Step by Step Process:
1) Sketch out drawing on Bogus paper with pencil.
2) Go over pencil lines with white chalk. Where every there is chalk india ink will be absorbed in the paper for the final step.
3) Paint first layer making sure to leave chalk areas untouched. Begin with darkest color.
4)Paint second and third layers gradually making lighter and lighter. Make sure each layer is completely dry before adding another layer.
5) Paint a wash of india ink over the whole surface and let dry.
6) Place inked paper on board and place under running water constantly moving and rotating. (this part goes faster than you think!)
7) Let dry on a board slanting it slightly so water doesn't pool.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
This week the 7th graders at the Middle School I'm currently student teaching at began a surreal landscape and figure collage. They find elements in a magazine and cut them out to compile a composition. This is a project that my cooperating teacher has done for years and I thought it would be a humorous starting point for the quarter. This image above is my project sample and i hope to post student work next week!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
|In progress lady bugs|
|Siguney's Ladybug: In progress (needs antenna and spots)|
In kindergarden we have been working on creating creatures out of paper plates that have been texturized with sponges, scrapers, and finger dabbing; all the while introducing color mixing. We have six plates in all to cut apart and glue together (two dessert and four dinner size plates in all with different colors and textures on each). Painting for the first weeks of of school with kindergarden was hectic but I'm happy with the results. I also had fun reading "The Grouchy Ladybug", written and illustrated by Eric Carl, for our full Friday of Kindergarden classes (five total). My voice did turn a bit raspy by the end of the day from all the "grouchy" talking. I will move on to the high school before I get images of the final project, which will include pipe cleaner antenna and lady bug spots, so I thought I could at least post some in-progress photos. (I am partial to wide set goggly eyes as you can see!!!)