Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Painted Faux Batik
Step by Step Process:
1) Sketch out drawing on Bogus paper with pencil.
2) Go over pencil lines with white chalk. Where every there is chalk india ink will be absorbed in the paper for the final step.
3) Paint first layer making sure to leave chalk areas untouched. Begin with darkest color.
4)Paint second and third layers gradually making lighter and lighter. Make sure each layer is completely dry before adding another layer.
5) Paint a wash of india ink over the whole surface and let dry.
6) Place inked paper on board and place under running water constantly moving and rotating. (this part goes faster than you think!)
7) Let dry on a board slanting it slightly so water doesn't pool.